The flowers were looking pretty amazing when we turned up at the plot to put away some purchases.
I came back in the evening to do a pre-weekend stint and spent an hour weeding the veg bed to rediscover the vegetables among all the poppies and general weeds. They weren’t in bad nick among it all. I’ve also sown the second two rows of veg.
I’ve put the last cucumber in place.
I still haven’t moved the self-sown sunflower out of this bed, but I have pulled up the latest radishes, some of which had bolted, and I’ve sown more seed in the holes. The chard is doing fine.
I also managed to do all the deadheading before I went home (with my new snips), so that’s done for a few days.