I’ve done some more major weeding and put in the last couple of new perennials – a lupin and a new physostegia. I’ve also added a couple of pieces of geum to the shed end of the bed. It’s quite something to have this bed back to normal. From now on, I’ve got to simply try and fight back the couch grass whenever I can.
I’ve taken big clumps of grass out of the front bed and there are lots of perennials already firing up.
I’ve added a scoop of discarded clay to the bug hotel beds to try and help them retain water. I’ve sown a handful of dropped iris nasturtium seed to each bed and dropped the last seeds in my hand around the hotel. The dead nettle is coming to life and has softened the look of the structure nicely. The broadcast poppy seed has also germinated.