Today’s big job was removing the runner beans. I thought I was going to just get rid of what vines I could, but ended up dismantling everything and all the vines are now on the compost heap. There was no sign of any flowers and no more viable bean pods. I’ve left weeding, lifting the roots and edging the bed for another day.
I took a break to rake up some apples for the compost and disturbed my robin friend under the tree. I was then stuck in a ridiculous position while I watched him and he watched me. When I got back to work, he stayed under there for quite a while before coming out to explore further. I’m a little concerned that he can’t fly properly, but he’s doing ok so far.
All of a sudden the broccoli is flowering, so we’ll have to pick some more soon.