I went down to the plot mid-week for an extra shift, planning to pull up lots of calendula. When I got there though, the calendulas were clearly doing their best to be perennials. Same goes for the salvia and various bedding plants. So there was nothing like the amount of easy pulling up that I had hoped. Priorities have therefore changed: the boundaries need to be weeded so that lots of calendula, salvia and gaillardia can be put in there.
I pulled up a few veg. A couple of carrots remain so they can come out and the bed can be emptied. The little beetroot will just go in the compost. Then edging, manure, cover.
The notes I dictated into my phone at the plot make very little sense, but I think I’ve got the main points down.