After lots of rain I went down to scoop more from the plastic sheets and check the buckets haven’t fallen over. You can scoop up a surprising amount of water from the dips in the plastic. I did some finger tip weeding around the place. Once you get rid of the weeds, you can see that the beetroot haven’t germinated particularly well. I need to sow some more.

The alliums are starting to open and all the nasturtiums have survived thus far and look healthy. Some of the ledge seedlings are clearly weeds, so I pulled them up. Others are unknown entities and get to stay. The pear tree looks unhappy. It’s absolutely smothered in black fly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *