After some big old rainstorms, we went down to the plot to check if everything was ok. The yarrow has fallen out from the centre somewhat, but needs a more concerted effort to get it back up than I had time for.
The two middle supports on the uchiki kuri had snapped – not from the weather, but under the weight of the fruits. I had no idea they’d get this big. We managed to push the frame up a bit and put in new canes and bind them up. But there’s no question that it’s all much lower than it started.
Other than that there wasn’t a great deal to do. I staked up a few tomatoes, and a broccoli and also took a limb off the pumpkin in order to get it out of the way of the current pumpkin. It feels a bit sacrilegious to cut off a female flower, but there are others.