Bed 2 was my focus today, but I did some other odd jobs too, like finally changing the bungee cord on the shed door and better covering the pile of compost in the middle bed.

The plot was under water in a number of places and very muddy everywhere. I managed to weed Bed 2 a bit just by carefully pulling stuff out, including buttercups and their long roots. I evened out the soil and then laid a double layer of newspaper and thin cardboard / thick paper.

I then pinned the black plastic over the top, but not too firmly, in case I feel like adding more newspaper later on.

I had scraped off lumps of yellow clay from the bed and from other beds too. That’s just an ongoing job, trying to clear up what’s been dumped.