The before lunch stint was not technically a morning shift, as I managed a good lie-in for once. I finished digging over the cucamelon bed and got rid of lots of long bits of mare’s tail. I sowed a row of carrot to finish off veg 1 bed. The layer of soil conditioner/topsoil now continues along behind the shed.

After lunch I sowed a short row of rainbow beetroot and one of standard beetroot. I’ve put in some of the sunflowers in their toilet roll tubes. Let’s see if I can managed a sunflower for once.

I weeded from the elder to the first fencepost on left. There was one dead mimulus, one dead unknown. I’ve also worked out that what I thought was Californian poppy is common fumitory.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *