23/5/21

I’ve planted out the borlotto beans. Four are of reasonable size, one’s small, and one’s barely broken the soil. I’ve direct sown two seeds in the remaining spaces. One of the plants had been a bit battered by sharing a house with the runner beans, but there’s a new shoot already coming where a leaf has broken off.

I’ve made a good start on planting out the morning glories. The one above has a seedling coming up to its left too. I’ve put them around all of the boundaries except the left, which requires more attention/energy. Where existing plants are too thick, I’ve dropped seed onto the ground. I was too knackered to follow up with a ¬†compost covering, so hopefully the incoming rain can beat them into the ground a bit.